REPAIRS OF CRACKED METAL PARTS – METALOCK
METALOCK is a method of repairs of cracked and broken steel-alloyed and alloyed machine parts by the METALOCK cold procedure. This method was developed and patented in England. Our company holds the licence for the Czech and Slovak Republics.
- Saving costs in case of purchasing new machine parts or the entire machine
- On site repairs without the need of disassembly
- Hardness and tightness of joint is comparable to the original material
- Cold connection of cracks or broken parts using steel locks from a special chromium-nickel steel with high strength
- Insertion and compacting of “Metalocks” crosswise to the crack into prepared holes and grooves and subsequent grinding.
- For the purpose of securing strength and tightness of joint, “Metalace” screws are inserted longitudinally directly into the crack, while subsequently, they are compacted into a continuously tightening line; in case of large cracks and heavily broken or falling material parts, they are inserted into repaired components by so-called “Masterlocks.
- However, this method may not be used for cracks where an unsuccessful effort for repair was performed by welding! Such a crack may be repaired by exception if the weld can be amputated.
- Alloys, casted steel, but also aluminium and bronze from 4 mm wall thickness
- Stand of rolling benches, motor blocks, housings of turbines, compressors, pumps, switchboard, geared wheels, seats of metal cutting machines, presses etc.